Dragon Chess Camp
- Is the Dragon Chess Camp a not-for-profit summer camp?
Yes! The Dragon Chess Camp is hosted by the Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School Chess Club as a fundraiser to help cover the costs of team tournament play and travel.
- Who are the camp instructors?
Our instructors are experienced players on the Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School Chess Team, supported by advanced players from the greater-Richmond community. The Dragon Chess Camp is organized by Maggie Walker student and parent volunteers.
- Does my child need to be a USCF Member to participate in the Dragon Chess Camp?
Membership is not required, however if your child wishes to participate in the VSCA-sponsored Maggie Walker Summer Scholastic chess tournament on the Saturday after camp, USCF membership is required for that event. See the VSCA website for complete details and registration information.
- Is there a refund policy?
Yes. Chess camp cancellations must be received before June 23, 2017 to qualify for a refund. As books, curriculum materials and t-shirts are purchased in advance, Dragon Camp will return all but $75 to cover these up-front expenses. Players dismissed from the camp for any reason will not qualify for a refund.
- Does the Dragon Chess Camp registration include participation in the Maggie Walker Summer Scholastic chess tournament?
No. The Maggie Walker Summer Scholastic is a separate event administered by the VSCA. Separate registration and fees required. See the VSCA website for complete details and registration information.